Sunday, March 18, 2007

Fiona speaks

I had been thinking of digestion too. I had swallowed a lot of tripe in my day, about the filthiness and inherent falseness of women, the voracity and greed of us, the second hungry mouth. Tuna fish, oral sex, drunken goldfish swallowing, she never learned what a nyad could be, her people kissed cod for luck and she shut down any similarity we had to each other. They told her she was vicious and stupid at once, and so now as a result, she is. For my part I was left alone mostly unless something was wrong and needed correction. I was told it was all my fault and that I was supreme to my emotions, I was responsible for them and their effects. And so today, I blow in the gales he brings to my coast and wonder where again I will muster the strength from to keep my buildings standing in his wind. If I am above the effect others have on me, I have no reflection and must be truly as vampiric as they say I am. Parasitical, a user, I will suck you dry. But if I subsume and let it be felt here, my structures fall and rubble lies where once the mermaids swam above the gardens of the citizens, the reptiles and pachyderms homeless. Our people leave an ecological footprint on us and it is this that makes us truly who we are. We are as much a product of ourselves as we are of those we choose to surround ourselves with. It is in this choosing that we master who we will be.

1 comment:

orangelina said...

I can't wait! (rubbing my hands, sipping my tea)...